Sunday 18 September 2016

Where did the time go?

....I can't believe its been over 6 months. I've dipped into this blog a couple of times since last September with the intention of an update and just haven't done it. Since my last entry my Grad Diploma in Tertiary Teaching has been completed, graduated in December 2016 and the award framed and hung on the wall. I am very proud of the work that went into achieving that and the support from my class mates and lecture was incredible. I am already close to the end of my first paper studying for my Master on Educational Leadership and have just outlined my last assignment for this one. The work so far has been just as challenging to decipher , and I finally find myself understanding the written work we are reading, There is a big change from teaching to leading and all that goes with it, especially once you begin to unpack what your own experiences are an a leader or an emerging leader such as myself...who knows what effects this will have on my own perspective of my work and position?


Looking at my reactions to the learning taking place I am becoming much more aware of my surroundings and those within it. Hopefully I have some better idea of where people come from and that everyone has things to offer from their own context of learning and working together with others. I see that it's good to read things more than once and make notes as I go. It's still challenging to read with a critical eye, as mt tendency to soak up the information still takes over, but slowly I hear thoughts pop up that need to be noted in certain parts of the readings. There are quite a few new readings for me to look at now so I will go and look at them and see what sense I can make of emerging leaders who find it challenging to define their place in their work context.
Not quite what I am reading currently, but I can see it arriving!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment